Sunday, December 1, 2013

December Currently

It's that time of year!!  I am so excited December is here!!  I love the Christmas lights and decorations…oh, and it's snuggle weather!  I am super looking forward to going to NEW YORK with my sister on December 26.  We're gonna freeze our buns off, but so worth it!!  Oh, and I also love December because no work for 2 weeks!!!  Yippee!!!  And….one of my favorite holidays…..New Year's!!


Yes, you better believe I am listening to *Nsync Christmas on Pandora!  I'm classy like that :-)

So…I have always thought of getting a mini Christmas tree for my classroom, but always talk myself out of it since I teach middle school :-/.  Well, this year, I bought one for ME!  I think my kids this year will actually like it.  Can't wait to decorate it!

What I love about getting together with my family is playing games on Christmas.  We have played Scattergories, Uno, and Catch Phrase gets really loud and crazy!  Last year, I surprised the family with a little game of Lefty Elf Christmas Story.  I bought little bags and stuffed each bag with candy.  The game is super simple: everyone stands or sits in a circle.  The story is then read aloud.  Every time I said LEFT, they had to pass their gift to the left, and every time I read RIGHT, they passed their gift to the right.  Oh, it was a blast!!  Definitely lots of laughing!  This year, I am thinking of writing our own Lefty Elf Christmas Story with members of our family and funny stories from throughout the year!

Link up with us Here!  It's fun!!

5 comments:

  1. I listened to NSYNC Christmas music yesterday! No judging here! And I so know how you feel about going back to work... I am NOT ready!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to check out the NSYNC Christmas music. Old school is not always a bad thing. I'm also definitely not ready for my vacation to be over! New York is beautiful in December. You will love it! Oh, and I have a Christmas tree in my classroom. You should let your kids make ornaments for it. I'm sure they will love it! Who doesn't love Christmas decorations?

    ReplyDelete
  3. New York is so beautiful this time of the year. I went for new years a few years ago and absolutely loved it. You're going to have so much fun!

    Lindsay
    Live Laugh & Learn in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. *NSYNC Christmas music is always a must for my sister and I along with 98 Degrees! Love it!
    Happy Holidays!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love playing games with the fam on Christmas! So much fun! I can't wait for the break to get here too! I'm going to Miami!!!!! (I totally love NYC too!!!! It's my all time favorite city!)

    Nicole

    Today, in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete