Sunday, July 28, 2013

I Heart Pennant Banners!!

I have been a little obsessed with pennant banners lately.  I love the way they look!  I wanted to make my own and share it with you, so I created a back-to-school welcome back banner.  The hardest part was putting it together, so here it goes...

After I created the template, I cut it out using a paper cutter for straight lines.  I would have laminated it for durability, but I really hate the glare, so I didn't laminate this time.  I arranged the pieces on the carpet and decided how I wanted it to look.  I made a banner that reads, "Welcome to 6th Grade."  It was going to be WAY too long if I made it as one giant banner, so I made two and put one under the other.



I couldn't find any jute twine or fabric ribbon in my classroom (it's still packed up), so I tried to be resourceful...I used curling ribbon.  I would have preferred to use ribbon and make cute little bows or use clothespins, but for this one I used curling ribbon.  You don't want to tape or glue the corners of the pennant pieces together or it will not create the "semi-circle banner" look.


After taping the pieces together, I displayed in the hallway.   I will definitely be moving this into my classroom, so my lovely little middle schoolers don't destroy it.


This pennant banner can be purchased on my Teachers Pay Teachers Store here.

Credits:
Graphics used to create this product from Print Candee and Ashley Hughes Graphics.
Fonts by Kevin and Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment